Support Vajra Dakini Nunnery
Your generosity sustains the lives and works of the nuns of Vajra Dakini Nunnery.
In this 7 part series, Khenmo Drolma gives an introduction to Tonglen based on Khenchen Konchog Gyaltshen Rinpoche’s Text, Samsara and Nirvana: Two Sides of the Same Hand…
Women in Buddhism
Vajra Dakini Nunnery hosts a celebration of Buddha’s special relationship with his mother and aunt, who was one of the great teachers in the Sangha, as well as the wisdom of the early nuns
Khenmo Drolma teaches the Drikung Loving Kindness practice from Lord Jigten Sumgon (Part 1). What is Bodhicitta and how does one access the feeling of loving kindness within oneself?
Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life (Audio)
A ten-part ( audio only) course explores Shantideva’s classic “The Way of the Bodhisattva” Each class covers one chapter. We are using the text “A Guide to the Bodhisattvas Way of Life” translated by the Padmakara team and published by Shambhala
Khenmo Drolma has studied this text many times; at the Gampo Abbey Shedra with Pema Chodron and Karl Brunnholzl, with Geshe Sonam Rinchen at the Tibetan Library of Works and Archives, and the individual chapters and verses with many teachers.
In the Buddhist tradition, the spiritual teachings are offered for everyone’s benefit without charge. The concept of dana, or reciprocity and generosity, is “practiced” by everyone to support the Sangha and nunnery”s activities. You can support Vajra Dakini and Khenmo with donations of any amount here.
The talks are on individual chapters. Click on the title to access the audio
- The Excellence of Bodhicitta: Khenmo introduces the text and with the exquisite poetry of Shantideva, the significance of developing a kind open compassionate heart is introduced
- Offerings and Confession: Includes the perfection of offering and transparency with oneself
- Taking Hold of Bodhicitta: The bodhisattva commitment of fearless compassion until all beings are released from suffering
- Mindful Awareness: Khenmo contemplated Nelson Mandela’s life and used his quotes to illustrate the practical application of Shantideva’s wisdom
- Mindfulness and Vigilance: The importance of maintaining inner awareness and how to put it into practice in daily life
- Patience: Using our hardest moments.to heal our wounds, come to forgive our enemies and handle our own extreme emotions. Khenmo uses Martin Luther King and his writings as an example of Bodhisattva activity
- Diligence: How to increase our capacity to benefit others. This class will focus on the meaning of mastery and the joy of practice propelling our efforts.
- A. Meditative Concentration: The most profound and detailed instructions for compassion, training in relative bodhicitta ever written.
- Concentration part two and Dedication Chapter: Classic trainings in compassion of equalizing self and others and exchanging self and others instructions that have been used in every text ever since
- Wisdom: Khenpo Choephel introduces the wisdom of relative and absolute bodhicitta